Summary: Searching for an effective and stable method to export AOL emails to PST? Well, your search ends here. This blog talks about transferring AOL emails to Outlook PST in detail. We will discuss both the manual and professional AOL Mail Backup Tool to transfer emails from AOL to PST. Choose the right method as per your choice.
AOL or America Online is a free web-based email service that offers an interactive and user-friendly interface and a range of features for efficient communication. It has evolved to provide a reliable and secure email platform to send and receive emails. Outlook PST file, on the other hand, is a proprietary file format used by MS Outlook to store various information like emails, contacts, tasks, etc.
Nowadays, users want to safeguard their important data from corruption, malware threats, or other unforeseen events by backing up AOL emails to PST. However, with the internet full of different solutions picking the right method can be tiresome. Hence, we will provide a reliable and effective method to perform the migration process.
How Do I Transfer My AOL Email to Outlook?- Native Solution
The manual method to transfer emails from AOL to PST in a two-step process. To perform the migration process, we first need to configure AOL with the Outlook account. Secondly, using the Import/Export wizard export AOL emails to PST.
#Step 1: Sync AOL Emails with Outlook Account
- Launch Outlook, and login into your Outlook Account.
- Now, click on the File menu and then go to Account Settings>Account Settings.
- After that, in the Account settings page, tap on Email and choose the New option.
- Tick the Manual Setup and Additional Server Types option on the Add Account page.
- Now, select the POP or IMAP option and then hit the Next button.
- Provide the User, Server, and Login information and tap on More settings.
- In the Outgoing server settings tab, tick the My outgoing server requires authentication option.
- Provide the SMTP server as 587 and hit OK. Click Finish.
#Step 2: Export AOL to Outlook PST using Import/Export Wizard
- Open Outlook again and go to the File Menu.
- Under the File menu, go to Open&Export and click on Import/Export
- Select Export to a File and choose Outlook data file(.pst). Click Next.
- Choose the folders from the list and save the PST file to the desired location.
Cons of the Native Method
- There is a huge risk of data loss.
- Users need to be technically sound to perform this migration process.
- It is a tedious process and skipping a single step can result in repeating the process.
- Repetition of similar emails can take place.
Automated Method to Export AOL Emails to PST
The professional AOL Backup Tool is an expert-recommended solution to migrate AOL emails. This tool can export AOL mailbox folders to PST in bulk without any data alteration. The advanced features of this software enable seamless transfer of AOL emails while maintaining the folder hierarchy throughout the process. Using this software, users can also migrate AOL to Gmail, Office 365, Zoho Mail, etc. Additionally, it also supports converting AOL emails into PDF, MSG, EML, MBOX, and other file formats.
Steps to Export AOL to Outlook PST
- Install the AOL Backup Tool and Run as Administrator.
- Provide the AOL credentials and tap on Login.
- .Now, from the preview feature, select the required folders and click Next.
- After that, from the Save As/Backup/Migrate As list choose PST as the resultant file format.
- Lastly, hit the Convert button to export the AOL mailbox folder to PST.
In this write-up, we have shared the different methods to export AOL emails to PST. The manual method requires good technical knowledge and comes with certain limitations. Therefore, professional tech users prefer using the safe and reliable AOL Backup Tool. This tool helps to acquire desired results in less time and with 100% accuracy.