If you need to move your single or multiple Google Drive accounts to a single one, you have arrived on the correct page. Here, we will share a few best ways to transfer Google Drive to another account with all the data. Google Drive is a dominant service all over the world to store essential data of individual users or organizations.
The reasons for moving from one Google Drive account to another can be particular for each user. Moreover, we all know that transferring data from one account to another is not easy. That is why we are here to ease the Google Drive migration task and provide users with an effortless way to do this task.
Google doesn’t offer any solutions to migrate your data directly from one Google Drive account to another. However, there are a few manual techniques that can help in performing this task. Also, a professional solution will be discussed in this blog to complete the Google Drive migration task.
Different ways to migrate a Google Drive account to another
When it comes to the solutions, every user wants to go with an efficient and secure way to migrate Google Drive to another account with all the files. So, we will describe different ways in this blog, and the users can choose the best one to get their job done. Users can use various methods to complete the Google Drive migration task. Some manual solutions and a professional way will be discussed in the next section with their stepwise procedure. So, users should understand each solution carefully to complete the migration task as easily as a cakewalk.
Manual methods to transfer Google Drive to another account
We will discuss two manual techniques to complete the migration from one Google Drive account to another. Firstly, we will execute this task with the help of the Google Drive Share option and then move to the Download and Upload method to transfer Google Drive to another account with ease.
1 Share files/folders between two Google Drive accounts
- Open the Google Drive by logging in with your account.
- Choose the files or folders you want to migrate to another account.
- After that, click on the three dots and go to the Share. Then, tap on the Share option.
- Provide the username for the other account, hit the settings button, and make changes if needed. After that, tap the Done button.
- Now, you need to log in to your other Google Drive account and navigate to the Shared with Me option.
- Select the shared file, click the three dots, and tap the Make a copy option. (Make a copy option will only work for the files, not for the folders).
- After copying the shared files, transfer them to a new folder in your Google Drive.
With the above steps, users can transfer Google Drive to another account manually. This solution can take ample time to complete the migration task. In case users want to migrate the entire data from one account, the task becomes too lengthy.
2 Download and Upload trick to migrate Google Drive files
- Navigate to Google Drive and log in with your account.
- Choose the files or folders you want to transfer.
- Then, go to the three dots, tap on it, and click the download button.
- Now, sign out from the current account and log in with another Google Drive account to which you want to migrate the files.
- After that, tap the (+ New) button and select the upload files or upload folders.
- Select the downloaded files and click the upload button to transfer.
Above, we have elaborated on how the Download and Upload method can be performed to do the Google Drive migration task. This method also takes too much time to complete the Google Drive file migration task. Furthermore, users have to repeat these steps several times to migrate various files into another Google Drive account.
Therefore, users should use the third-party Google Drive Migrator to eliminate the manual method’s difficulties. Now, we will discuss the Shoviv professional tool, which is powerful third-party software.
A reliable way to export Google Drive to another account
Users need third-party automation to migrate Google Drive files to another account without facing a single issue. Therefore, we suggest users use the Shoviv Google Drive Migration Tool to perform the Google Drive file migration task. It perfectly maintains the originality of the data while transferring files from one Google Drive account to another.
Users can easily transfer a lot of files in a single click with no size restrictions. Moreover, new users can also transfer Google Drive to another account without facing a single issue. This solution will directly move the entire data from one Google Drive account to another. Users can select particular items as well using different criteria, file type & size, folder, and date basis.
Shoviv Google Drive Migrator: a detailed working procedure
To know how this software works to transfer Google Drive to another account with all files, follow the below steps.
- Download and launch the Shoviv Google Drive Migration Tool and tap on the Connect Drives tab.
- Provide the project name and other required details to connect your Google Drive account. Then, hit the Connect button.
- Again, follow the same step to connect to another Google Drive account as the target.
- Now, tap the Create Jobs tab, select the Google Drive to Google Drive migration option, and click on the (+) button to create a new job.
- Fill up the job name, add source, target, select users, and tap on the Next button.
- Then, you need to map the source mailbox to the target and continue with the Next.
- Use the different criteria and add or remove desired items. After that, tap the Next button.
- Make the changes on the settings page, use the scheduler option if needed, and click the Next button.
- The task will start automatically after clicking the Finish button. Or at the scheduled time if you set the migration on a specific date and time.
Users who want to complete the Google Drive file migration task effectively can go for the Shoviv professional tool. It is a simple and secure way to transfer Google Drive to another account with all data. Users can also try its free trial version to learn more details on the working procedure of this tool and its advanced features.
Author Name: Divya Chauhan
Author Bio: Divya Chauhan is a professional technical Content Writer. She has a vast knowledge of technology and likes to share it with others. She has been working as a technical Content Writer for 3 years. She keeps a good understanding of email clients and cloud-based Saas.